Evans Head Grant Funding Project 2019
Grant funding announced for Evans Head
Reflections Evans Head will receive an injection of almost $8 million over the next three years for the enhancement of public facilities, improved public access for the local community and new eco-friendly accommodation thanks to a combined NSW Government Grant and contribution from Reflections Holiday Parks.
Including the Regional Growth, Environment and Tourism Fund (RGETF) of $5,758,224, Reflections will invest almost $8 million into Evans Head over the next two – three years – with the majority of construction work occurring in 2020 to enhance the facilities for the local community and provide more accommodation for guests to the park.
Proposed scope of works
The Evans Head Grant Funding Project scope of work for the Regional Growth Environment and Tourism Fund (RGETF) consists of the below proposed elements.
- Creation of footpath linking town centre to Evans River foreshore
- Redeveloping existing campsites into new public leisure & recreation space in Central Precinct
- Power, water & sewer facilities & internal road network to 51 camp sites
- Improved vehicle access & installation of camp kitchen/guest lounge
- Fencing, landscape & beautification
- Playground with picnic shelters & BBQ facilities
- Amphitheatre & events space
- Kiosk upgrade – includes improvement of public outdoor eating areas
- Coastal timber viewing platform
- Equal access design for all above infrastructure including beach & foreshore
- New & enhanced riverfront walk/cycle way
- 6 new luxury self-contained cabins (architecturally & environmentally designed)
- Landscape beautification of public-facing boundaries
- Services supply connections – power, water & sewer