Lachlan Valley Railway Heritage Centre is the Museum location of the operational Lachlan Valley Railway Society Co Operative Ltd.
It covers an area of aproximately two hectares encompassing the 1923 Cowra Locomotive Depot and Roundhouse. Several large sheds have been constructed over the last forty years to protect and display the Society’s non operational rolling stock. This includes three steam locomotives, several diesel locomotives, timber and aluminium rail cars and around fifty timber and steel carriages and goods wagons.
Entry is by donation and there is a guide on site to answer questions. A self guided brochure with a map is freely available and visitors are invited to wander the site as they wish. The site also includes a war memorial dedicated to railway soldiers from the area, set in gardens once tendered by the railway men themselves.