Being a visitor for many years to the park, Lake Burrendong Manager Barry Turner is keen to see the park continue as a great place to visit for families, anglers, skiers, and boating enthusiasts for years to come. With a background managing big facilities in regional NSW and WA, Barry is passionate about making sure that families in rural and regional NSW have great places to visit, great places to holiday and great places to support rural and regional communities located in those communities.
Established in 1963, Reflections Holiday Parks Lake Burrendong, wrapped around the shores of Lake Burrendong (3 times the size of Sydney Harbour) has been the destination of choice for families and fishing and boating enthusiasts in the Orana Region and NSW Central West for over half a century.
Known for its impressive catches of golden perch, redfin and Murray Cod, it is home to one of the state’s biggest fishing competitions, the Easter Classic, attracting thousands of enthusiast anglers from Queensland to South Australia over the Easter long weekend. And it’s not just powered boats, it’s great for kayaking and canoeing and, of course or for cooling off with a swim when the weather heats up. Off the water there are many other activities such as bush walking, bird watching, the pool and waterslide, playground equipment and gas BBQs that can be used all year round.
The park is a great place to stay to see many of the other remarkable attractions in the region. Just 500m from the park is the Burrendong Botanic Gardens and Arboretum with over 160 Ha of different tree and other plant species so see including the fascinating “Fern Gully”.
- Wellington Caves: If you’re into stalactites, stalagmites and all things underground then you’ll love the spectacular Wellington Caves.
- Wellington Phosphate Mine: Part of the cave complex, join a tour of the mine shafts and learn about the mines’ fascinating history, including its megafauna fossils.
- Taronga Western Plains Zoo: See hundreds of animals from around the world in this unique Dubbo zoo which features natural bushland and large open style exhibits.
- Old Dubbo Gaol: Take a step back in time in this remarkably conserved gaol which houses important collections and experiences from Australia’s prison history.
- Parkes Observatory: Visit Australia’s most successful science facility and home of “The Dish”. Learn about space and enjoy lunch at the “Dish Café.”
If you are looking for a quiet spot for a relaxing weekend or to catch a cod or to ski miles of open water or a base to explore the Orana and Central West Regions of NSW, Reflections Holiday Parks Lake Burrendong is a great place to visit and enjoy all year round.