The South Coast NSW can’t help but entice with its stunning beaches and spectacular scenery. Offering some of the best game, reef and deep-sea fishing in NSW, this region is also famous for its whale watching during the annual whale migration.
If you’re planning a beach holiday in South Coast NSW, you’ll love the national parks of the area; alive with wildlife and birds, jam-packed with breathtaking bushwalks and sparsely populated beaches, and providing a valuable chance to reconnect with nature.
For those who like a slower pace, a family trip in South Coast NSW is an opportunity to explore charming coastal townships, or perhaps to relax on some of the worlds’ whitest sand while savouring fresh oysters.
Sound good? Then it might be time to plan a trip to Reflections Holidays Parks in South Coast NSW.
Just an hour’s drive south of Sydney in the Illawarra region is the beautiful coastline and relaxed lifestyle of Shellharbour. Famous for its surf, Reflections Killalea Reserve boasts amazing waves at both The Farm and Mystics, National Surfing Reserves which attracts visitors from near and far.
Things to see and do:
- Explore the walking tracks through Killalea Reserve.
- Take a surf lesson and see why the surfing here is world-famous.
- Dive or snorkel in the Bushrangers Bay Aquatic Reserve.
- Visit the HARS (Historical Aircraft Restoration Society) Aircraft Museum.
At the tail-end of the South Coast NSW is the unspoilt Sapphire Coast. If you’re after a relaxed beach holiday in South Coast NSW to get away from it all, then this is the place to be.
Love fishing? Bermagui is the spot, with waterways abundant with Yellow Fin Tuna and Marlins. Eden, at the southern end of the Sapphire Coast, is renowned for its whale watching and strong fishing culture, whilst nearby Pambula’s village vibe and idyllic waterways offer a quirky, yet welcome break from busy city life.
Things to see and do:
- Join a whale watching tour from Twofold Bay during the annual migration.
- Join a deep-sea fishing charter from Bermagui and see who can catch the biggest fish.
- Check out local events like the Bermagui Seaside Fair and Sculpture Bermagui.
- Hike and birdwatch in the Panboola Wetlands or enjoy a dip at nearby beaches.